Monday, 30 September 2019

On Dreaming....

Dreaming

I dream, vividly, in all senses and with levels of realism that can be really terrifying.

The last few nights I have been having various dreams about jobs, and how I am a complete failure.

I know a lot of this stems from having not progressed so fast in my job as I'd have liked, and not having had the energy to look at other options as often as I'd have liked.

But some of this is pure anxiety, some of this comes from a deep seated belief that I'm a terrible midwife, an awful partner and a horrible mother. I know none of these are true, but my brain seems to be having a weird push to try and create scenarios in my head where it's hard to argue with it.

So tonight I may sketch and draw things I want to dream about, inspired by Pajanimals,  to try and steer my dreams to more pleasant pastures.


No comments:

Post a Comment