Saturday, 25 October 2014

Musing on things..... Duplo and Night lights

Today Daddy Luke built a duplodocus.... go figure it has a pun (one day I will write about my

suffering of the puns, and he will respond with a moment of me having to let it go, due to accidental puns)

While I was tidying away the remnants of Duplozilla I began to pondering on how much we have space to be adults, and how much Arya has taken over, and I'm not talking about just the duplo.  Every room has a night light, even the hall has a night light, and as I go through the house in the evening I turn off all the lights and turn on all the night lights, to the point where I can't sleep without a night light any more (even my tent at events has a light on all night >.< ).  If Arya sees a pen she goes for it, and then finds paper on which to scribble, which is becoming more of an issue now she has begun to manage both clicky pens and pen lids.  Notebooks are no longer safe, in fact, everything is pretty much fair game at this point, from our hobbies, to our prized collections (thankfully, none of us are that worried about the collections, we have them, but we aren't precious)

I save my energy for the fights that need to happen, like pen lids in the mouth, batteries when she prizes them out of toys, things round the neck, yet more and more I notice how much I am not worried about what she finds fascinating, like her want to help us cook, which we mostly attempt to cull when its hot and spitty, but are cautious about being too harsh about because we want her to have a love of cooking. She is generally respectful of books and seems to understand that we don't use NO often enough, so we tend to mean it when we do use it.

I hope I am doing a good job, I try to do a good job, I am however very aware of how much lack of me is around these days.

Other things we did today was to go and pick our own pumpkin.... I had a nice day, and I think Arya did when she woke up, though we skipped the maize maze as it was pretty pricey and we'd already bought 3 pumpkins. It was nice to see Arya running round trying to pick up huge pumpkins, even though there were small Arya sized ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment