Wednesday, 2 October 2019

Quinioa Quiche

I won't be putting recipes on the blog, as most of them aren't mine.

But this seemed to be a good way to increase my protein, eat more veg, and make some lunches for work.

It was simple enough, cook the quinioa, and then press it into the tin, I used muffin tins to make mini quiches, but you can use a quiche tin. Then you bake the quinioa to dry it out. After it has cooled that is when you fill it.



Here is where I ran into issues, I don't think I baked them long enough, and the egg leaked through the quinioa and while they were still really tasty, they lacked the crunchy texture that you'd get from pastry.

Overall I would do it again, I need to Bake things longer and be braver. I would probably make it in a quiche tin, to allow for a greater ratio of filling to Quinioa which I found was a little overpowering.



No comments:

Post a Comment